Domain Name Registration for a New Online Business
Domain name registration is easy and necessary first step in establishing an online presence for your business for the first time. Your domain name is your passport to business success. Here are some basic things to consider in selecting a domain name.
- Name should be related to the business. Think how other people will search the web. You need to be in front of the others and your name is the main key.
- If possible, name should be short. It is easier to remember for many online shoppers.
- Think about the extension. There are many: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz etc. If you are in retail business, widely used is .com.
- Think of key words. People tend to search using key words and you need think like them.
- Your business name may not be the best choice for your domain name unless it is a key word.
- Pay attention to copy rights. You want to avoid possible lengthy litigation as much as possible.
- Think of protecting your site and buy as many domain names that correlate to your business. This will help you to protect your business from bad elements that may try to blackmail you.